Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Update on tweeting plan

This updates my July 30th blog entry The tweeting plan.

Of the campaign finance reform organizations, StampStampede and Represent.Us have provided me the encouragement of retweeting or favoriting a few of my tweets.

I believe the other organizations MAYDAY.US, MoveToAmend, WolfPAC, NHRebellion and TakeBackOurRepublic are cognizant of my efforts and my interest in getting expressions of support from them for what I am trying to do.

Those organizations have been unresponsive to my entreaties and have said nothing to me.

One possibility is that the organizations believe what I am trying to do to advance campaign finance reform is a waste of time, be it mine or anyone else's.  This is not an unreasonable belief, but they have not bothered to communicate that to me and make suggestions about how I might better contribute to the cause of campaign finance reform.

Since July 30th I have sent thousands of tweets. There have been thousands of page views of my blog entries. I have received hundreds of retweets, favorites, follows and other favorable replies.

I have been working several approaches. I have continued my solicitation of Sanders groups to add to their campaigns a messaging component regarding Congress per Proposed messaging re: Congress.

With help from Marlin Woosley, a lot of tweeting was done focused on the Florida 17th and 18th Congressional districts. See FL 17th and 18th Cong'l districts picked.

When Lawrence Lessig announced that he would seek to raise a million dollars by Labor Day in order to run for the Democratic Presidential nomination, I initiated #Tweet4Lessig.

I used Donald Trump's "our system is broken" statement in the Republican debate by posting and tweeting links to Trump: "Our system is broken".

About a score of recipients of my tweets have expressed interest in participating in the tweeting plan. I have passed many of those expressions of interest along to MAYDAY and also other responses I received that I thought should be of interest to MAYDAY. These included recipients tweeting to their Representatives in Congress, which seemed to complement MAYDAY's Congressional calling campaign. MAYDAY expressed no thanks or support for any of this.

On August 12th, in connection with Lawrence Lessig's announcement, MAYDAY said:
We have not yet decided what action MAYDAY will be taking in 2016 races. But there’s a way you can help right now. Take one minute to record a message that we’ll deliver for you to Congress and pass on this email to friends so they can sign up to receive updates on this exciting moment.
http://blog.mayday.us/post/126510302980/mayday-is-a-super-pac-lessig-is-a-candidate

I don't think MAYDAY has figured out what to do about Zephyr Teachout's conundrums.

The foregoing circumstances may explain MAYDAY's silence about what I have been doing.

Alternatively, as indicated above, it would not be unreasonable to believe what I am trying to do to advance campaign finance reform is a waste of time, my time or anyone else's, and MAYDAY thinks my efforts are all so worthless that the best reaction is silence.

I will continue to tweet to push forward my tweeting plan. Those who think it might be of interest to them to participate are deserving of being informed about the above.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment