Monday, July 20, 2015

CFR should run with Jeb's proposal

I think those in the campaign finance reform movement should leap on, and run hard with, Jeb Bush's proposal that lawmaker-lobbyist meetings be made public. (See Jeb Bush re Lobbyist-Lawmaker meetings.)

Such a "sunshine" mandate has great potential for reducing the corrupting influence of money in politics.

In my campaign in the Alabama 6th Congressional district in 2014, I had a proposal that was more expansive and basically was the idea that virtually the entirety of Congressional offices, and business conducted in and by them, should be in the public domain.

My idea was ignored in my campaign.

I had a radio interview with local talk show host Matt Murphy in which I had a chance to talk about my idea. You can find an audio of the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment