Monday, July 6, 2015

#FeelTheBernHeat tweeting by Bernie 2016 Communities

I am endeavoring to join and post in Bernie 2016 Facebook Communities.

In seeking to do that, I wish to be clear to the Communities about my objective, so the Communities can decide whether they consider what I am doing to be appropriate and whether I should be allowed in the Community.

I am promoting something I have called #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting.

This is an outgrowth of an effort I made in 2014 to run for Congress in the Republican primary in the Alabama 6th Congressional district.

My campaign contended that Congress was "broke" and failing to do its job properly for the American people, and that the main reason for this failure was the corrupting influence of money in politics.

The other candidates in the 2014 primary I ran in, including the ultimate winner Gary Palmer, ignored me.

In the past six weeks, Bernie Sanders has become the leading national spokesperson on the "money in politics" issue, and he is doing fantastically in the campaign he has launched.

I am using the Sanders phenomenon to continue to push on Congressman Palmer. See #FeelTheBernHeat starts in AL06.

I am further trying to get #FeelTheBernHeat to be used by voters in other Congressional districts. See Will you tweet this to your Representative?.

I have solicited the Alabama for Bernie 2016 Community to consider whether they would like to participate with me in my effort to make Congressman Palmer, and Alabama's Senators and other Representatives in Washington, to #FeelTheBernHeat.

I am contacting other Bernie 2016 Communities  to solicit whether they would similarly like to participate in efforts to make their Representatives in Congress #FeelTheBernHeat.

The Communities I am approaching need to decide whether that is appropriate given that their mission is to get Bernie Sanders nominated as the Democratic candidate and elected as President.

There are very legitimate reasons why a Bernie 2016 Community might decide not to allow me to participate in the Community.

I wish here to try to make a case about why I should be allowed to participate in the Community.

I believe the "money in politics" issue is not a Democrats versus Republicans issue, and it is something else.

On the front page of the MAYDAY.US website (at the lower right of the front page) there is a quotation from a Forbes magazine article that Communities should think about it. The quotation is:
“The mortal struggle at hand today is not between the right and the left. It is not between Republicans and Democrats. It is not between the Congress and the president. It is between us (currently outsiders to our own government) voters and the Washington Insiders.”
I subscribe to that quotation, and the leaders of a Bernie 2016 Community need to decide the extent to which they agree with the quotation.

If the leaders agree with the quotation, that affords the Community an avenue for making a much broader appeal for support for Bernie Sanders that can include Republicans.

My #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting idea that is ultimately directed at Congress would be a means for publicizing the "money in politics" issue to get the attention of all voters, including Republicans.

I appreciate that my #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting idea requires careful evaluation by any Bernie 2016 Community. I hope Community leaders will think about it, and when they decide, to please let me know what they have decided.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment