Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Shaping #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting

People are expressing interest in #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting being done in their Congressional districts. See Will you tweet with me?

In its campaign to get 70 more Representatives to support reform, MAYDAY has been tweeting to Representatives who have been suggested as potential #Leader4Reform, and MAYDAY supporters are also tweeting to those Representatives.

Given that I am the instigator of #FeelTheBernHeat, and given the interest that #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting get started in some Congressional districts, it seems incumbent on me to give a proposed shape to a #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting campaign.

I will try to do that.

Comments and suggestions of others about what I propose are solicited.

MAYDAY may develop its own tweeting plan. If MAYDAY decides on something, hopefully MAYDAY will post on its website what it proposes for MAYDAY supporters to participate in.

Pending hearing MAYDAY's ideas, let me lay out what I think the shape of a #FeelTheBernHeat tweeting campaign should be.

I am a true believer in the Forbes article quotation that appears on the front page of the MAYDAY website (on the right, towards the bottom). The quotation is:
The mortal struggle at hand today is not between the right and the left. It is not between Republicans and Democrats. It is not between the Congress and the president. It is between us (currently outsiders to our own government) voters and the Washington Insiders.

This has been recently reiterated in MAYDAY posts and tweets. On Facebook it appears as this June 6th post:

"To take on the influence of money is not to take on one party, but both parties."
By Lawrence Lessig
MEDIUM.COM|BY LESSIG

I believe that #FeelTheBernHeat should pound that the "mortal struggle ... is between us (currently outsiders to our own government) voters and the Washington Insiders."

If you accept that characterization of "us voters against the Washington Insiders", you need to think about what should be required of your Congressperson to demonstrate that he or she is on the side of "us voters" and not on the side of "the Washington Insiders."

Refer to Tom Coburn's book Breach of Trust: How Washington Turns Outsiders Into Insiders. How do you know your Representative has not already become a Washington Insider?

Maybe your view will be that MAYDAY's digest of Leaders supporting fundamental reform should largely determine whether a Representative is on the side of "us voters."

On this, you might want to consider my blog entry Soul searching re: Gov't by People Act.

You don't have to answer these questions definitively but you should think about them.

I propose that all Representatives should be put to the test and be required to say, "I am on the side of you voters and not on the side of Washington Insiders. I call on all my fellow Congresspersons to announce which side they are on."

In Soul searching re: Gov't by People Act, I discuss that I don't think Rep. Terri Sewell of the AL 7th Congressional district or Professor Mark Lester, the Democratic candidate in the AL 6th Congressional district election in 2014, have sufficiently passed the test.

So, as what I propose as the first step in applying #FeelTheBernHeat in your Congressional district is to get your Representative to be unequivocal and on the record about which side he or she is on.

Do you agree with this first step? Please give me you feedback.

If there is sufficient agreement on this first step, I will indicate how I think tweeting should be started.

1 comment:

  1. On track. If Bernie, or someone honest like him, doesn't win, then it is our Constitutional Right and moral duty to rid ourselves of a Govt that no longer represents the people. Coruption has destroyed our freedom and our planet. Revolution Revolution is coming.

    ReplyDelete