Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What advice can I contribute?

I have asked MAYDAY.USMoveToAmendRepresent.UsWolfPacStamp StampedeTake Back Our Republic, and NHRebellion to critique the idea of fostering synergy between #Bernie2016 and the campaign finance reform.

I am particularly advocating the use of tweeting to instigate the synergy.

Before this current effort, I have advocated numerous other uses of tweeting campaigns to advance the cause of campaign finance reform.

I can't adequately know the perspective of the campaign finance organizations concerning what I am proposing. The organizations are engaged in a variety of actions to achieve a variety of effects. Without knowing more about those actions, and how they are working, I cannot say very well whether there is a worthwhile role for the tweeting I am advocating.

What I can best do is to relate things from my tweeting experience, and perhaps that information can assist the CFR organizations in deciding whether the suggested tweeting should be tried under their plans of action.

What I have to relate can be put in the context of generalities (which CFR organizations know about).

It is very hard to get grassroots volunteers to do things when they are not being paid.

Thus far, in my tweeting, I have been able to get people to click on tweeted links and also  to retweet, follow, favorite, and send reply tweets to me, but not much more. This clearly is not adequate to achieve the effect I want to envision. For starters, grassroots volunteers need to send directed tweets to large numbers of selected targets.

Back to generalities, what gets grassroots volunteers to do things when they are not being paid?

Having strong feelings about an issue is extremely important.

A second important element is the grassroots believing that something they do will have an effect. If that belief is lacking, sustained effort is unlikely to ensue.

Belief of the grassroots that they will have effect is abetted if there are lots of the grassroots doing the same thing.

There are many political issues that many people have strong feelings about, and, as to particular issues such as campaign finance reform, there are a variety of different things that are offered to grassroots volunteers to do. This creates great difficulty in getting lots of grassroots doing the same thing.

Grassroots success is bit by bit, slow and tortuous building. It can always use a potent catalyst to accelerate things.

Ross Perot was a catalyst in the early 1990's.

Bernie Sanders may be an equal catalyst now.

On Twitter, there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of Bernie supporters tweeting under #Bernie2016. My Twitter tabs at the top of the screen right now show 1348 new tweets under hashtag #Bernie2016 since  I last updated the hashtag in the early morning.

I have gotten a super response from my tweeting.

Surely campaign finance organizations can put a webpage on their websites that they think could be helpful to have enthusiastic #Bernie2016 tweeters to click on and read.

[Continued at What I would suggest]

No comments:

Post a Comment